Hello everyone,
I am currently running Parallels 3 on Mac OS 10.4, which so far has served me extremely well. However, due to some other applications I need, I have to upgrade to 10.6 Snow Leopard which, as far as I know, is not compatible with Parallels 3. Hence I would also need to get Parallels 8. From what I read so far here and in other articles, it seems that in theory this should work out quite well: I first close all VM applications, then upgrade 10.4 to 10.6, install Parallels 8 on the new OS and then convert my Parallels 3 Virtual Machine (Win XP) to the Parallels 8 format and am fine again. Is that right, or am I missing some important point here?
I am currently running Parallels 3 on Mac OS 10.4, which so far has served me extremely well. However, due to some other applications I need, I have to upgrade to 10.6 Snow Leopard which, as far as I know, is not compatible with Parallels 3. Hence I would also need to get Parallels 8. From what I read so far here and in other articles, it seems that in theory this should work out quite well: I first close all VM applications, then upgrade 10.4 to 10.6, install Parallels 8 on the new OS and then convert my Parallels 3 Virtual Machine (Win XP) to the Parallels 8 format and am fine again. Is that right, or am I missing some important point here?