Going round the bend!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by vtallguyuk, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Let me see if I have this right, Parallels will or will not open at all?

If it opens set up a new configuration and select to use an existing drive and point it at your .hdd file.

2. David5000

David5000 Pro

Clicking on the .hdd file in my setup produces an error message too. If you navigate to ~/Documents/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP, do you see a file <winxp.pvs>? If so, what happens when you click on that?

David

3. vtallguyuk

vtallguyuk Junior Member

That brings up the Parallels screen with STOPPED written on it and the OS installation assistant

4. vtallguyuk

vtallguyuk Junior Member

CAn you talk me through that. Do I have to go through inserting XP again etc. At what point do I select the existing .hdd drive

5. David5000

David5000 Pro

I don't know why you would have to reinstall XP unless there is something wrong with your first installation. From what you have said previously, it sounds as if you are just having a problem navigating in OS X.

In the OS Installation Assistant, what are your options? Are you able to hit "Cancel?" If so, then go to File>Open and you will be able to select your virtual machine.

David

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007