Good news and bad news: DNS9 on VM

ithacalaw

Junior Member
I downloaded the official 1970 version from the Parallels website and upgraded my previous version.

Good news: I can now use my Philips Speech Mike Pro - Hooray! I can also cut and paste directly from an application opened by RDC on the virtual machine and paste it onto a Filemaker application on my MacPro. I couldn't do this before. Well done Parallels

Bad news: I was previously able to launch Dragon Naturally Speaking 9. Now nothing happens when I click on the icon. What is the problem? How to I get it going. I tried to repair it - no deal. i tried to uninstall - an error halfway thro' aborted this. What next?

I payed the fee for e-mail help from DNS and this was their unhelpful reply:


Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting Nuance Technical Support.

With regard to your issue about Dragon Naturally Speaking Pro 9 and MacPro Virtual Machine, unfortunately Dragon was not tested with MacPro and their s no Guarantee that featurea or functions of DNS 9 will work accurately.

Hope this will help.

Regards,
XXXXX
Nuance Technical Support
 
Last edited:
Dns 9

I'm using DNS 9 Preferred Edition. It works brilliantly on my MacBook Pro (2.33 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM). I also use a Bluetooth mic that Parallels says won't work. Perhaps try a re-install.
 
I'm hanging onto 1970 because DNS9 works well for me there.

Inquiring minds want to know:

are you (or anyone else) finding that DNS9 works in 3036?
 
pleigh

Which bluetooth Mic are you using?

I've got 3036 running DNS 8 just fine (same HW as you), and it could be a good reason to move to DNS 9.

Thanks

GRR
 
Back
Top