Good news with XP - If anyone cares...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by brightbelt, Jul 18, 2007.

1. brightbelt

brightbelt Member

Hi,
    I've posted quite a bit about XP Pro freezing on the reboot. I've used a XP PRo SP1 Disk on the install and I felt that using a SP1 disk + having to update from there to SP2 might have been the problem.

In short, I was able to get Microsoft to swap me out an updated XP SP2 Disk for my old SP1 disk. They did this for me once I informed them that I was installing XP on an Intel MacBook. I don't think they'll do a swap otherwise. And this new SP2 disk installed and cleared perfectly and all updates have installed just fine.

So it would seem using a SP1 disk was the problem and I wanted to post this in case it helped anyone.

Although....I have to say this - and I know that often forum questions don't get answered for a myriad of reasons. But this forum is probably the worst for getting responses that I have ever encountered. I've posted at least 3 times about this issue and I got almost 0 replies.

But that may be because no one else knows any answers to this issue and I know that that happens more than folks realize.

So I do hope this helps someone....

Many Thanks, Frank B.