Graphics Issues with PD6 on MacBook Pro

Carl Ford

Bit poster
After upgrading to PD6 from PD5, I now have random graphics issues several times a day that totally locks up the MAC and forces a hard restart of the MAC.

When the problem occurs the screen flickers rapidly from top to bottom. I can see the top of the screen and the flickering get worse moving down the screen.

I first noticed this right after upgrading when I attempted to run a system assessment. Each time I run the system assessment I can recreate this issue.

The problem also occurs sporadically throughout the day, in program like IE, Outlook, or Quickbooks.

Windows 7 Ultimate VM (VM set to 2 processors, 4Gb Ram, 256 Video Memory)
MacBook Pro 15 2.8Ghz 8Gb Ram
500GB
Graphic Adapter set to High Performance, although the problem also occurs when set to better battery life
 
I did not. I have installed it now and so far no issues. I also was able to run the system assessment successfully. Hopefully the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your help and quick response.
 
Back
Top