Gray Boxes in Windows 10 VM and Problems Pasting after Taking Screenshot

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BobW5, Jun 22, 2018.

1. BobW5

BobW5 Bit poster

When I start my Windows 10 VM after booting my Mac, all Windows dialogs/screens are solid gray boxes. If I exit from Parallels by selecting "Quit Parallels Desktop" from the Parallels taskbar menu, then immediately restart my Windows 10 VM, it loads properly with no gray boxes. Is there a way to having Windows load properly on the first pass? I have the toolbox installed and have checked for updates, and everything is up-to-date.

When I take a screenshot, for example, Control-Cmd-Shift-4 (takes a portion of the screen and puts the image in the clipboard), the mouse buttons are immediately swapped. In other words, clicking the left mouse button has the right-mouse button effect, and vice-versa. If I click on the Toolbox icon on the taskbar (which expands the Tools menu), and then click it again (which collapses it again), the mouse buttons are fixed - left button click does left button actions, and right button click does right button actions. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm using an up-to-date version of Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Business Edition -- version 13.3.1 (43365).
    Thanks,
    Bob