I'm running 10.6.1 with build 4.0.3846. I utilize domain specific DNS servers on the Mac.
However, the guest OS does not appear to honor the OS X DNS configuration (using "domain specific DNS Servers" in IPSecuritas or "mydomain.com" files in the /etc/resolver/ directory). This is the case even though the guest DNS server is pointed at the virtual interface on the Mac. I get different records when resolving the same host on the Mac than I do in the guest (for these specific domains).
How does Parallels DNS work through the host OS?
Any suggestions for changing the behavior?
However, the guest OS does not appear to honor the OS X DNS configuration (using "domain specific DNS Servers" in IPSecuritas or "mydomain.com" files in the /etc/resolver/ directory). This is the case even though the guest DNS server is pointed at the virtual interface on the Mac. I get different records when resolving the same host on the Mac than I do in the guest (for these specific domains).
How does Parallels DNS work through the host OS?
Any suggestions for changing the behavior?