Guest OS Screen-Flipping Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by TobyT, Dec 2, 2009.

1. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

On another post, I mentioned the problem I had with intermittent blacking out of the guest OS window while I was actively working. A new, much more serious problem has appeared. The guest OS window (XP Pro), when restarted from suspension, flips constantly. I don't really know how to describe it . . . . . the screen flips or scrolls so rapidly that not only can't I look at it (flickering screens can induce a migraine attack), I can't even click on an OK button to complete the move out of suspension. It is a very fast screen roll.

The first time the "flickering" happened, I turned off the second display (where the guest OS resides) and, shortly thereafter when I turned it back on, the windows desktop was stationary as it should've been. This afternoon, when this problem reoccurred, I turned the display on and off several times to no avail. I can't look at the screen for even a brief period of time without the danger of inducing a migraine.

After finishing the previous paragraph, I turned the display back on and the windows desktop had restarted and was stationary.
    TobyT