Guest Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by Ray, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Ray

Ray Member

Guest Screen Resolution - Fixed

Have just installed my second Guest OS, Suse10 was first, now Linspire and it would appear that the only resolution that will display correctly in the Parallels window and Full Screen is 800x600. Using 1024x768 I have the problem of the display in the Parallels window exceeding the window parameters leaving the lower portion of the screen missing.

800x600 is almost ok except that there are quite a few windows in which the OK, Next etc prompts are missing.

Is there anyway to get 1024x768 displaying correctly in a Parallels window??

Ray

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  2. Ray

Ray Member

The resolution to this problem was to set the Host display to 1280x1024. Any guests with 1024x768 display correctly in the Parallels window and also full screen.

Ray

3. PGHammer

PGHammer Junior Member

Other optional Resolutions

1280x960 is also an option (I run all my guests in 1024x768; 32-bit for non-OS/2 guests, and 16-bit for OS/2) for hosts (in my case, Windows XP Professional SP2+hotfixes).

In regards to another question I had earlier, check out the back issues of the OS/2 e-Zine (http://www.os2e-zine.com) for an article in the June 1997 issue regarding cable modems and OS/2; the article applies to *all* broadband connections (except ADSL) that use DHCP (especially as guests within Parallels).

If you are behind a router, you don't *need* NAT with Parallels if your router uses DHCP to hand out addresses (this is unique to Parallels guests as far as I am aware; with VMWare I *have* to use NAT to have Internet access be usable from guests; now any guest can not just access the Internet, but it can play as a solid citizen of the LAN as well).

This is something I first noticed with, strangely enough, my sole NT4WS guest..