Hangs - Trying to boot from Primary Master IDE Drive

Mike Lonigro

Bit poster
I resized my Windows partition using Bootcamp (deleted partition then set up new one). Reinstalled Windows XP. Windows XP will start up fine when I choose it when starting my computer.

When I try to start Windows from Parallels, I get the following error message:

SCSI Controller not installed.
Network bootrom is installed.
Trying to boot from Primary Master IDE drive ...

Then it just hangs and does nothing. I need to quit Parallels and boot windows for startup to use it. Can you help me get Parallels back in sync again?
 
In this case you'd better delete your old Virtual Machine (Choose File > Delete from Parallels Desktop menubar) and create new one.

You would not loose any data, as only configuration files will be recreated.

To create new Virtual Machine:

- choose File -> New -> Virtual machine from Parallels Desktop top menu. The installation Assistant will guide you through the process.
- select "Custom" option in Virtual Machine Type window
- choose "Boot Camp Partition" when asked about hard disk options.
 
Thanks for these steps. Now I have a new error message
We apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change may have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files or folders, choose last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If the previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset buttons were pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose start windows normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe mode with command prompt

Last known good configuration


None of these options will start Windows.

What's next?
 
Back
Top