hardware changes in Vista

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by ntpro, May 13, 2008.

1. ntpro

ntpro Bit poster

I am trying to move my Vista install over to my new shiny MacBook Pro and I get this message with parallels for mac 3 and I just downloaded the agent for Windows.
    [​IMG]
    I am assuming I dont want them as data volumes if I want to run this as a VM.
    Any ideas why this is happening or how to correct it?
    Source windows vista sp1 to mac os X leopard (just came in today so most recent I am assuming - mac newb so be nice :)

2. Helen@Parallels

Helen@Parallels Parallels Developers

Hello,

Please, could you provide us with Transporter log files on vireports@parallels.com with subject 'Transporter Problems'?

Log files of Parallels Transporter and Parallels Transporter Agent locate on:

Mac: <home>/Library/Logs/Parallels/transporter_cl.log

Windows: %TEMP%\Parallels Transporter\transporter_xx.log
    for example for Vista: C:\Users\<Usr name>\AppData\Local\Temp\Parallels Transporter\transporter_xx.log

Thanks,

Best Regards,
    Helen

3. ntpro

ntpro Bit poster

the log has been sent

4. ntpro

ntpro Bit poster

So, I did it using the express method and 9 hours later my 20GB was over. However, when I boot I get the following error about the BIOS not being ACPI compliant. Can you choose which version of a BIOS to use in Parallels? Any known fix for this? Doing the process recommended on the boot screen just brings you back to the same error message.
    [​IMG]

5. yuhong

yuhong Bit poster

Yuhong Bao

Go to the VM configuration and set the OS of the VM to Vista. That will enable ACPI. If that does not work, you may need to replace the HAL.