The 11/27 Upgrade of Outlook 2010 - PSTs lost / New Accounts "Unknown Error"
I'm about to got crazy over Outlook this holiday weekend.
I'm running on a Mac/Parallels 11, running Windows 10 and Office 2010.
There was a big upgrade on 11/27 of Office 2010, including Outlook.
Talk about a Black Friday surprise.
First, my PST files couldn't be read.
Yeah, I spend hours tracking down the MSFT free PST scan tool which tried to zero them all out.
Then I found a commercial tool to fix most of it.
That took me a full day to recover.
Still now, I'm trying to add an email account to Outlook.
It can find the centurylink.net account.
Then when I hit "finish", it gives me
"An unknown error has occurred 0x80040119"
Looking up the wonderful MSFT error code, the PST file hasn't been created.
But.....it's there. The damn program just can't just can't seem to access it.
And I've just tried to repair the 11/27 Office, and I'm still hosed.
Any ideas on what the heck this system is doing??
Sorry for the tone of this, but I'm pissed off at my holiday being screwed up by this.
I'm about to got crazy over Outlook this holiday weekend.
I'm running on a Mac/Parallels 11, running Windows 10 and Office 2010.
There was a big upgrade on 11/27 of Office 2010, including Outlook.
Talk about a Black Friday surprise.
First, my PST files couldn't be read.
Yeah, I spend hours tracking down the MSFT free PST scan tool which tried to zero them all out.
Then I found a commercial tool to fix most of it.
That took me a full day to recover.
Still now, I'm trying to add an email account to Outlook.
It can find the centurylink.net account.
Then when I hit "finish", it gives me
"An unknown error has occurred 0x80040119"
Looking up the wonderful MSFT error code, the PST file hasn't been created.
But.....it's there. The damn program just can't just can't seem to access it.
And I've just tried to repair the 11/27 Office, and I'm still hosed.
Any ideas on what the heck this system is doing??
Sorry for the tone of this, but I'm pissed off at my holiday being screwed up by this.