Having a permanent subscription but can´t activate on new computer

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by ThomasH8, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Hi, my permanent toolbox subscription (V 12) isn´t accepted on my new machine. So I tried to downgrade without success ("server not found") and I also tried with de-installation the actual version and re-installed as decribed in the KB. However Prallels is updating the V12 automatically to version 13 - and the new version does not accept my old license.... Anyone can help me, please?

[​IMG]

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ThomasH8,
    Please quit Parallels Toolbox (click on the Parallels Toolbox icon in the Mac menu bar, then on the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner within the application interface, select 'Quit Parallels Toolbox' from the menu that appears), remove Parallels Toolbox (refer to https://kb.parallels.com/123905 for assistance), reboot the Mac, download Parallels Toolbox from - http://download.parallels.com/toolbox/v2/2.0.2-1213/ParallelsToolbox-2.0.2-1213.dmg -, install it and activate it. Please click on the icon for Parallels Toolbox in the Mac menu bar, then click on the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner of the Toolbox application interface, select 'Preferences...' from the menu that appears and disable the option for automatic updates in the window that appears.

3. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Thanks for the help, however there is no place to de-activate automatic updates...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beside that it seems to work with the version you linked to but if there is still an option for automatic updating it would be nice to know and de-activate it.

4. MichaelJ10

MichaelJ10 Bit poster

I am also having the same problem. After a few sessions, Toolbox will automatically update to the latest version of Toolbox and then my v12 key is no longer recognized. Also in the Cogwheel menu (Preferences) I can't find any mention of turning off updates. Under Preferences the following options are available:
    General

Michael

5. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Try the link above http://download.parallels.com/toolbox/v2/2.0.2-1213/ParallelsToolbox-2.0.2-1213.dmg, it works for me. It does not update (btw it makes no sense to implement an automatic update version for anyone using lower version and a valid key for that)

6. MichaelJ10

MichaelJ10 Bit poster

Thanks Thomas, I used the link and for some reason Toolbox is working perfectly. I must have downloaded a version 2 that was newer than the link copy. No automatic updating sofar. Thanks.

7. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Probably, yes, the other version is different, same here. They should place the link to that one now more prominent.
    Great it works for you.

8. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @ThomasH8, so you cannot activate Parallels Toolbox on a new computer using your permanent license key, right? What's the version of Parallels Toolbox you're trying to activate? Is it version 2.0.2?

9. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

10. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Nice to note that. It might stand to reason in concluding that a Toolbox copy downloaded from that particular link won't auto-update.

11. JosephC6

JosephC6 Bit poster

Similar problem - upgraded to parallels 13.3 with the yearly subscriptions (which is supposed to include parallels toolbox) - now cannot activate Parallels toolbox 2.6 - it keeps asking for a product key - when I put in the key for this parallel's license, I get "this product key is already registered to your parallels account." I have deleted parallels toolbox, downloaded a fresh copy, and re installed toolbox 2x and still the same problem.

iMac 14,2 / Sierra / Parellels 13.3.2 / Windows 8 Pro

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  12. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @JosephC6, please try activating Parallels Toolbox with the key *****-*****-*****-*****-4NED9X, let me know if it works. If not, please send us a technical report and reply with its ID number (https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107). Thanks!