So, the only reason I am using Parallels is to run Microsoft Money - for which there is no Mac version.
My Mac is 7 months old, running Leopard 10.5 and TimeMachine.
As the Apple Genius confirmed the HD is dead, he crushed my spirit saying Timemachine does n ot back up those windows programs and, more importantly, files I worked with in the VM.
I Googled looking for confirmation or rebuttal - found both. The most optimistic said that there is an ".hdd" file on my Timemachine backup, and that's the programs and data. Reinstall Parallels, get .hdd, and I'll be fine.
Is this true. PLease let it be!!!
Failing that, then m y Plan B is to take my dead HD to OnTrack.com for data recovery of thoese .mny/.mbf files. Might thi8s work?
Help.
Frank
My Mac is 7 months old, running Leopard 10.5 and TimeMachine.
As the Apple Genius confirmed the HD is dead, he crushed my spirit saying Timemachine does n ot back up those windows programs and, more importantly, files I worked with in the VM.
I Googled looking for confirmation or rebuttal - found both. The most optimistic said that there is an ".hdd" file on my Timemachine backup, and that's the programs and data. Reinstall Parallels, get .hdd, and I'll be fine.
Is this true. PLease let it be!!!
Failing that, then m y Plan B is to take my dead HD to OnTrack.com for data recovery of thoese .mny/.mbf files. Might thi8s work?
Help.
Frank