HDD on Time Capsule appears differently on guest win7 than on "native" win7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Pam1, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Pam1

Pam1 Junior Member

My setup is a 2 TB FAT32 Drive usb attached to my Time Capsule whose internal drive is HFS. All drives appear and work fine on all my macs. I was having trouble getting the guest Win7 to see the Time Capsule except using \\192.168.1.xx in a browser. I had a win7 laptop visiting so took a look.... it sees both the TC internal and external drives. The TC shows up under Network and lists off it's internal and usb attached drives. At this point I knew that my network hardware other than on the guest system was setup and working correctly. I discovered a solution on this site which suggested opening parallels tools and going to Configuration>Hardware>Network1 to check settings and click networking mode on and off it's current setting. Immediately I was asked to login to my TC. It worked! The TC drives showed up. What is odd though is that it does not show up under Network.... it shows up as one of the drives on the Windows computer. Since the whole point of connecting the HDD to the TC is to have it always on and available at the same locations for automated backups made by some of my Windows applications, I am concerned that what is listed as S: drive today will be something else with every new start. Currently the Network1 setting is set as Shared. I can easily test one of the other settings but do not know what other issues switching this may cause or even if this is why the TC drives are not showing up as Networked drives.