[Help] Activation Key Parallels Desktop 7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Frozenâ„¢, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Frozenâ„¢

Frozenâ„¢ Bit poster

Hello Parallels users.

Recently, I bought my upgrade to Parallels 7, because I was very pleased with how v6 worked for me.
    I downloaded it, entered my activation key, and was then prompted with a message box asking me to supply my activation code for version 6. This is a problem, because I cannot find that old code that I used. I really need to install this for school, so please, tell me how I can get past this box asking for my old code. As I only have my new code.

Thank you for your time!

-Leo

2. TamaraK

TamaraK Member

Hello,

Frozenâ„¢, you can retrieve the key for the previous version of Parallels Desktop by following the instructions in this KB:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/5680

Please let me know if it worked.

3. Frozenâ„¢

Frozenâ„¢ Bit poster

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Licenses schemaVersion="1.0" dyn_lists="Keys 1">
    <User></User>
    <Company></Company>
    <Keys id="0" dyn_lists="Key"/>
    <KeyDates dyn_lists="KeyDateItem 0"/>
    <EncKeys dyn_lists="Key"/>
    <EncKeyDates dyn_lists="EncKeyDateItem 0"/>
    </Licenses>

Those are the contents of my keys file. So does this mean there is no way for me to recover my old key? And also, I think I purchased 6 on a different account (my dad's) than I upgraded to 7 on, but I think I know that account's user and pass.

4. TamaraK

TamaraK Member

Indeed, the file you posted is empty. However, I suggest you not to display such information publicly, as your personal unique activation key could have been in that file.

Also, as for your Dad's account, I suggest you to ask him to create a Customer Support Request with us here:

http://www.parallels.com/support/request/

with a request to change the registration details for the activation key. I'm afraid, since you are not the owner of the account, we won't be able to provide you with the activation key for 6, for security reasons.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
    Tamara