I just moved my Parallels 7 Windows XP virtual machine to a new computer. In the old machine, the VM was sitting on the single hard drive. Note that my new machine has a small ssd with the OS & apps (like Parallels) sitting on it; the vm is sitting on a second larger hard drive as its far too big for the ssd primary drive.
I had no problems setting setting up Parallels 7 in the new machine & restarted the vm in Parallels with no problem.
After setting up some new software (including a Microsoft keyboard utility) & looking at a few compression options in Parallels I rebooted my machine. Now when I try to open my Windows XP vm I get the following error message:
Unable to change virtual machine permissions.
Parallels Desktop cannot set the required permissions for one or more objects in the virtual machine folder. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance.
I don't recall changing anything in Parallels. I have no idea what this error message means or how to correct it.
thankjs
I had no problems setting setting up Parallels 7 in the new machine & restarted the vm in Parallels with no problem.
After setting up some new software (including a Microsoft keyboard utility) & looking at a few compression options in Parallels I rebooted my machine. Now when I try to open my Windows XP vm I get the following error message:
Unable to change virtual machine permissions.
Parallels Desktop cannot set the required permissions for one or more objects in the virtual machine folder. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance.
I don't recall changing anything in Parallels. I have no idea what this error message means or how to correct it.
thankjs