Help needed

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by NewMac, Mar 24, 2007.

1. NewMac

NewMac Junior Member

Just upgraded to 3188 which has created the following problems. When I boot up Win XP with SP2 i get an Invalid_work_queue error msg and then have to reboot XP in last known good configuration. As far as I can tell the problem is related to the video driver installation because when I go to paralels tools the mouse synchro and video options I cant select them as they are greyed out. Everything else works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Macbook Pro 2ghz 1gb ram OS X 10.4.8

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  2. parallels support

parallels support Member

Try installing, or re-installing Parallels Tools. Click on the Actions menu, then choose "Install Parallels Tools". Follow the install sequence. When it's finished, you will see a window confirming the install was complete with a button to click on to restart Windows. After the restart, you should be happy and healthy. As a visual confirmation that the tools were installed completely, you should see a Parallels icon in the Windows system tray. Open it and confirm that all tools are "enabled". DS

3. NewMac

NewMac Junior Member

Reinstalled Parallels tools and restarted but still have same problem. Tools icon is in the system tray and opens but still unable to select video driver and mouse synchro as enable box on both of these is still greyed out

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

I trust that you are doing a 'complete install' and not a custom one, right?

5. NewMac

NewMac Junior Member

Yes doing complete install of tools after upgrading Parallels from the previous version to 3188, following the instructions to a letter. The previous version worked perfectly. After looking at the problem further today I have isolated the problem to the video driver based on the following.
    When I boot up xp it comes up with the invalid work queue error msg and then suggests booting up in last known good config. When I do this the install hardware wizard starts and installs driver for video and CD/DVD. When I then do restart back to the error msg. If I start XP in safe mode and then install Cd/DVD manually and restart, no probs. When I instal video driver manually and restart problem re occurs.