zachary hall
Bit poster
Ok, I have been through this forum, tried all the tricks, iso, cd, ram allocation etc.
Here is my process:
1. Install Parallels. >> At the very end of install i get a window from leopard telling me that 2 of my ethernet connections are not configured. Not even sure what it means, and green lights on all connections in Sys Prefs.
2. Open Parallels and follow all directions to make a new VM. Everything seems fine until I click finish, and it starts the windows install. This leads to the spinning beach ball every time. I have let it spin for 20 mins. Only a Force Quit Application will remove the parallels window, and that doesn't even quit the app.
3. Parallels is now useless. After I force quit the app it will now give error -600 if I try to open it again. It is completely unresponsive and useless, the only way to get Parallels back to working for another attempt is to reinstall the whole application.
I have tried 2 different XP discs, made .dmg files, used .iso files. So, I know it is not the XP installer. This is very frustrating and seems to be a HUGE problem in this forum.
At the point of wanting my money back now. Try before you buy... I should know better.
Here is my System Information:
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 7 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version: 1.7f10
SONY DVD RW DRU-840A:
Model: SONY DVD RW DRU-840A
Revision: SS01
Serial Number:
Detachable Drive: No
Protocol: ATAPI
Unit Number: 0
Socket Type: Internal
Low Power Polling: No
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0393
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3011
Displays:
DELL 2007WFP:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported
DELL 2007WFP:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported
Here is my process:
1. Install Parallels. >> At the very end of install i get a window from leopard telling me that 2 of my ethernet connections are not configured. Not even sure what it means, and green lights on all connections in Sys Prefs.
2. Open Parallels and follow all directions to make a new VM. Everything seems fine until I click finish, and it starts the windows install. This leads to the spinning beach ball every time. I have let it spin for 20 mins. Only a Force Quit Application will remove the parallels window, and that doesn't even quit the app.
3. Parallels is now useless. After I force quit the app it will now give error -600 if I try to open it again. It is completely unresponsive and useless, the only way to get Parallels back to working for another attempt is to reinstall the whole application.
I have tried 2 different XP discs, made .dmg files, used .iso files. So, I know it is not the XP installer. This is very frustrating and seems to be a HUGE problem in this forum.
At the point of wanting my money back now. Try before you buy... I should know better.
Here is my System Information:
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 7 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version: 1.7f10
SONY DVD RW DRU-840A:
Model: SONY DVD RW DRU-840A
Revision: SS01
Serial Number:
Detachable Drive: No
Protocol: ATAPI
Unit Number: 0
Socket Type: Internal
Low Power Polling: No
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0393
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3011
Displays:
DELL 2007WFP:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported
DELL 2007WFP:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported