Holding Shift as modifyer to capitalise single letter produces sticky windows key

theTree

Bit poster
I've read a few threads pertinent to this issue, though not this specific way of reproducing it:

When using the shift key as a modifier to capitalise single letters (I'm in Visual Studio 2008 when doing this) it frequently activates the 'windows' key and holds it down... so after this triggering event, simply tapping the 'e' key will bring up an explorer window, tapping the 'r' key will bring up the 'run' window, and 'l' will lock the desktop (the most irritating...).

Of course, these all come in a rush as I've been typing something fast.

I solve by unplugging and replugging the keyboard.

Max os: 10.5.7 (Mac Book Pro)
Parallels Build: 4.0.3844

Programs open:

Visual Studio 2008
Firefox

Mode: Full Screen

Peripherals:

Wired USB Apple keyboard
Wired USB Mouse

thoughts?
 
I've noticed similar behavior with Autocad MEP 2008, 2009 and 2010. I was hoping it would go away with a revision but still it exists. I'm not sure what triggers it but at some point during an ACAD session, the caps lock will be on (even though it is off according to the LED on the key). After it happens, all typing ACAD is in caps. If I turn caps lock on (the LED is lit), then caps are off in ACAD. It doesn't stop my work, it's just annoying.
 
Back
Top