Hosed My Windows 10 BootCamp Installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnW25, Nov 9, 2017.

1. JohnW25

JohnW25 Bit poster

Shortly after installing v. 13, I attempted to use the BootCamp partition within Parallels. Not only did it fail to create the virtual machine correctly, it hosed the BootCamp partition. I can't even boot to it using standard BootCamp!

This happened after Parallels failed to properly create a Modern.IE virtual machine, a Windows 10 preview VM, and even a macOS VM!

Your latest update does now allow proper creation of Modern.IE VMs and macOS VMs, but my BootCamp partition is still hosed.

Apparently it's been a little more than 30 days since I activated the installation.

Please tell me how to fix the BootCamp partition.

Disappointed in the level of QA testing in this release.

John

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello JohnW25, Parallels Desktop Application installation will not change any settings on your Mac. It might be the coincidence which happens for the Bootcamp partition and Parallels Installation. As it is a native Bootcamp issue, we suggest you connect Apple support as they can assist you in fixing this. Thanks!

3. JohnW25

JohnW25 Bit poster

I've used BootCamp for years without problems booting. Now it won't boot. I was able to select the Windows partition the first time after I attempted to use the BootCamp partition within Parallels. After it wouldn't boot Windows it now doesn't even let me select it.

I wasn't attempting to import BootCamp. I used the option to use the partition without creating a new Windows VM by importing BootCamp. I therefore *expected* Parallels to modify the partition. Regardless of whether it *should* have, it DID. Given the inability of 13.0 to successfully create 2 Windows VMs & a macOS VM, it appears Parallels is at fault, not macOS.

At a minimum, I'd like assistance in fixing the BC installation.