Hotfix Update: Parallels Desktop 4.0 Build 3540 is available

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Andrew @ Parallels, Nov 20, 2008.

1. phesopheon

phesopheon Member

Temper temper. Davert was not wrong. Common courtesy is to cut clutter and only quote what is necessary.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. fmortens

fmortens Bit poster

Hi there

I seem to be having problems installing Parallels 4 still... I'm using the image, Parallels-Desktop-4.0.3540.209168.dmg. My firewall is down but I have a case sensitive file system - can this be a problem?

My installer jumps directly to "Install Complete" and wants to reboot without installing anything.

4. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi fmortens@me.com,

To fix the problem please try the following:

1. Open /Library/Receipts folder
    2. Delete Parallels Desktop 4.pkg, Parallels Image Tool 4.pkg, Parallels Transporter 4.pkg and Parallels Drivers 10.5.pkg
    3. Reinstall Parallels Desktop 4.

Best regards,
    Alexander

5. fmortens

fmortens Bit poster

Hi

I've checked both /Library/Recipts and my local Library - but I find nothing related to Parallels there :eek:/

6. jimcoyle

jimcoyle Hunter

I have run the repair routine both from within the VM and from Boot Camp. No change in result - still no authorization and/or control panel functionality.

7. rbdamm

rbdamm Junior Member

I have been running P4 since it was introduced... None issue for the most part... Updating while I type...

MacBook Pro 2.4 Penryn/4GB RAM

8. rbdamm

rbdamm Junior Member

Thanks for the update. The copy/paste function works with keyboard shortcuts now... Seems speedy to me. No real complaints here.

It makes you wonder why it works for one person's computer, but not anothers... What other issues are people having that "aren't" P4 related?

9. DaTa

DaTa Hunter

To fmortens@me.com,

- First, please, see that in System Preferences -> Accounts your user has permissions to "manage this computer".
    - Also, tell me please if you are performing "clean" Parallels Desktop version 4 installation or just over the version 3?
    - To investigate the issue, please, start the installation again (look at your watches first and remember the time).
    Open the Activity monitor while installation is running and make a screenshot of it. Take several pictures if you see that number and names of processes are being changed significantly.
    - When it says "Install complete", prior to rebooting the system, please, copy the Finder/Mac HD/Library/Logs/Parallels , Finder/Mac HD/Library/Logs/CrashReporter folders and parallels.log file if present.
    Reboot the computer if necessary.

Attach all the information collected to the next post or to the private message.

Thank you in advance!

10. Juillet Ludovic

Juillet Ludovic Junior Member

Updated PD4 french or not ?

Hi,
    I am currently under 3.5608 and bought the French version 4.0.3522 this weekend.
    Through the forum, I know that this release poses many problems in its English variant. In addition, the updated 4.0.3540 English does not seem to solve everything from what I see here.

In my case, I work with a partition boot camp, I would like to know:
    - If I have to wait a day or more French 4.0.3540, and in what time frame?
    - If I delete preferably PD3 and MV for easy installation, since all is on BootCamp? and in this case, if there are precautions to take?
    - If this is a problem clock for licenses Autodesk?
    - If you have positive returns PD4 the transition to your customers or past it without problem on updating itself, but also on the management of RAM and 3D? this to be reassured.

Thank you for your assistance.

Edit 27/11/09 : v4.0.3540 french and german avaible since 26/11/09

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  11. kathego

kathego Bit poster

Hibernate issues

Hi,
    I've just converted my Boot Camp (Vista) from 3.0 (build 5626) to 4.0 (build 3540) without a hitch. Also conversion and later updating a Ubuntu-VM (8.04 -> 8.10) worked without problems and returned vastly increased stability (almost matching Fusion 2) AFTER installing P-Tools. So, generally speaking: great work

However, putting the Mac into Hibernate with a VM running (regardless of the OS) takes forever (forever = 95 seconds on average). Since this flaw renders the machine practically useless in day2day use, I would very much appreciate some attention focused on this issue.

kathego
    MacBook Pro (2.4 GHz), OSX 10.5.5, Boot Camp (Vista Ultimate x86), Ubuntu 8.10 32-bit, PD 4.0 (build 3540)

12. _joerg_

_joerg_ Junior Member

hi,

when will the german version be available?

jörg

13. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

14. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

15. TonyMoroney

TonyMoroney Junior Member

Any progress on this;

Regards

T.

16. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Please, read the following thread with Parallels Fixme Utility.

17. dkossman

dkossman Junior Member

I have the same problem - Palm won't sync after 4.0 upgrade. I've sent an email to support, haven't heard back yet, but please let me know if there is a solution!

18. Juillet Ludovic

Juillet Ludovic Junior Member

Updated PD4 or not ?

Answer me please. My questions are not complicated! I would not update well before I bought the license ...!

19. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

20. Howard Brazee

Howard Brazee Hunter

How will I know when *my* problem is fixed and I can reinstall 4.0? It took me a lot of work to uninstall it and get back to my previous version, and I need it to access my work's VPN.

My problem was Parallels 4.0 ran at intolerably glacial speeds. Exiting Forte Agent, for instance took a couple of hours instead of a couple of seconds.

How long should I wait to be confident that my upgrade will work?