How about using Excel VBA programs / ActiveX

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Wichmann, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Wichmann

Wichmann Bit poster

We are using an Excel VBA program (with ActiveX) on Windows, which is just working fine. No we want to move with this program to a MAC. We tried first to use Excel for MAC. But unfortunately this did not work due to missing ActiveX functionality.
    Before buying Paralles Desktop I would like to get a confirmation that Excel 2013 or later will work inclunding all Makro/VBA functionality.
    Has anyone used complex Excel makro programs under Windows on a Parallels Desktop and can give me a confirmation?
    Juergen Wichmann

2. msbharati

msbharati Bit poster

If you are using Excel 2010 then your first problem is enabling VBA. Because spreadsheets that contain programs can be a security risk VBA is disabled in all spreadsheets by default. For historical reasons VBA programs are also known as "macros" and you will find that a lot of the menu options and help files refer to macros. Has anyone used excel macro programs under the windows on a parallels Desktop &give me a confirmation? pleases visit :- www.marathi99.com

3. Wichmann

Wichmann Bit poster

Dear msbharati!
    It seems to me that this forum is not really a living place. You don't get answers on such easy questions within reasonable time. On the other hand it is better to buy the cheapest PC or notebook you can find and you may use all Excel features you like without paying for unnecessary software like Parallels which slows down your system and makes everything more complicated without any guarantee that it will really work. If problems occur with Parallels nobody is interested to offer help, since you have already paid for the software.