How can I assign certain USB devices to Parallels/ Windows permanently?

inte

Bit poster
Hi,
I'm pretty new to Parallels and I'm currently testing USB-support.
I have two Windows-only usb devices, which I therefore want to assign to Windows XP permanently.
If I choose "USB" from the device-tab and place a hook in front of these two devices, they work just fine.
However, when I restart parallels, I will have to assign the devices again (and again and again...) - which is quite annoying.
Configure "Connect to USB devices automatically" does not work either, as this setting only affects devices plugged in after parallels startup, but my devices are plugged in permanently. Furhermore, it affects all but not cerain usb-devices.
How can I permanently assign certain usb-devices to Windows XP running in Parallels?
Thx,
Chris
 
Hello Chris,
You can use Shared Folders (in Configuration Editor) to share the USB devices to Windows as User-defined folders.

Thanks for your hint, but I'm not about to share mass storage devices.
I need to share an usb-dongle(license key) and a dedicated RF-antenna system, which both needs windows software.
As I already mentioned, manually connecting these devices works, but is annoying and unneccesarily complicated.
I want these devices to be permanently assigned to the embedded WinXP. How do I do this?
 
Chris, I am sorry to say that such functionality is not provided by Parallels now.

Best regards,
Xenos
 
Back
Top