How can I change password policy

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by yAk1, Sep 27, 2023.

1. yAk1

yAk1 I forgot my password Junior Member

Hi as I owner of the machine and VM I want to change password policy of Parallels. How can I do that?

Thanks.
    Is there a documentation?

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    What do you mean by changing the password policy? Would you provide more details regarding your request, please?

3. yAk1

yAk1 I forgot my password Junior Member

Hi!
    Yes sorry for bad explanation! I am really new and I started to discover some other functions of Parallels...

Ok my question was about Parallels pre-installed OS for example Windows 11, Kali, Ubuntu, Fedora etc. When I clicked them Parallels are bringing them easily to my VM and in the first interface always username appears "Parallels" and asking to me new password... Also it is not like my basic simple passwords! So my question is that! Who is the boss on my machine!!! Consequently, I don't want to create complex passwords for some simple virtualizatons!
    Hey wait don't go! Even when I forgot to machine password (because I chose a complex one!) i can not go to the grub!
    I hope it is a better explanation.

Also I just noticed I can use my ISO files (instead of choosing from Parallels OS operations, I download from web). So when I use them there is no problem, it works smoothly!

But the question again same why I have to choose complex password, I dont want to do that!