How can I change the MAC address of the "Parallels Host-Only Networking Adapter"?

dannybloe

Bit poster
For some reason I need to change the MAC address of both virtual network adapters (Parallels Shared Networking Adapter and Parallels Host-Only Networking Adapter) but I cannot find how.

I tried changing the MAC address for my virtual machine but that doesn't help.

Any idea?
 
For some reason I need to change the MAC address of both virtual network adapters (Parallels Shared Networking Adapter and Parallels Host-Only Networking Adapter) but I cannot find how.

I tried changing the MAC address for my virtual machine but that doesn't help.

Any idea?

It is unfortunately not possible currently. But why do you need this? May be we will provide this ability in later builds.
 
I hardly dare to say ;-) but I'm running Psystar's Rebel EFI to run Mac OS X on a PC (works like a charm) but when I run their app to check for updates it complains that "MAC address 00:1C:42:00:00:09 is not unique." and terminates. So yeah, unsupported stuff I know but Iwas hoping to either disable these virtual network adapters (it doesn't help to disable them in Network Preferences) completely (stop any of the prl_* processes?) or change the MAC address of these adapters.
Well, all tips are greatly appreciated of course.

Kind regards,
Danny.
 
you can try to stop the Parallels Destkop by executing in terminal
sudo launchctl stop com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon

But I'd suggest to ask the support of that product
 
Back
Top