How can I get internet connectivity?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by lopro, Aug 2, 2008.

1. lopro

lopro Bit poster

I recently installed Parallels 5608 on Mac OS 10.5.4. I have 1 VM running Windows XP SP2 and 1 VM with Ubuntu.

My question is, "what do I need to do to get internet connectivity for the VMs"? Please advise, thanks. I currently cannot connect using either VM, although I have internet connectivity on my Mac OS.

2. Upton O'Good

Upton O'Good Member

You should be able to connect using either "Bridged Ethernet" or "Shared Networking." "Host-only Networking," as the name implies, only allows your virtual machine to connect to your host machine.

For Shared Networking to work, you should have a Network Configuration (in Network Preferences) called "Parallels NAT." If you don't see one there, try reinstalling Parallels. If it is there, your virtual machine should have the same IP address shown in the Network Configuration. If not, the problem is with the configuration of the guest machine.

If you aren't able to get a connection with Bridged Ethernet the problem is also most likely with the guest machine's
    configuration.

3. lopro

lopro Bit poster

Ok. I matched the IP address from Network Configuration and my Parallels connects. Thanks!

...but my Ubuntu Linux still doesn't connect. Any suggestions??

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Put here
    ifconfig -a from Mac and Ubuntu