How can I have my desktops belong to the OS I use?

meherally

Bit poster
Why do I have the icons from XP on my mac desktop?

Hi guys,

I am a long time Mac User and only recently started using parallels 4.0. So I am quite new to the VM.

I have installed WinXP, and I have been using for a while now.

My question is that why cannot the files on the XP desktop stay there and show up when I am in the XP Virtual Machine. I find they show up on my Mac OS desktop with the two red parallel lines.

Is there a way to keep XP desktop in XP and the Mac desktop in Mac?

Please see screenshots. I do not want the parallels files showing up when I am in Mac, is that possible?

Thanks for any help.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi John,

Thanks. I did that and restarted the VM. Found desktop refreshed. However, the mac side still had all those icons. So I did the mac thing which is to simply drag them onto the C drive > All users > desktop folder and now all in order. Thanks for the help.
 
Back
Top