How can I help diagnose the restarts?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by steve3, Apr 27, 2006.

1. steve3

steve3 Member

Hi guys-

First off, this software is incredible, with the exception of one nasty behavior I'm still seeing in B5- spontaneious restarts. More than once I've returned to my MBP to find it at a login window. This only happens if I have Parallels running.

My most recent restart was yesterday. Running Win2K in B5 in the background, using yousendit.com in Safari. I clicked an Upload button on the yousendit page, and whamo- my screen goes blank, and I get a restart chime.

Since it's not an offical panic, is there some other info I can provide to help you solve this? It's going to be incredibly useful to me, but these sudden reboots are killers.

2. David Miller

David Miller Bit poster

I just experienced exactly the same sudden restart as described below. Working with Parallels (build 3186) in the background somewhere and whammo, screen suddenly went blank, followed by start-up and chimes and full Mac OS reboot. Reboot took longer than usual, indicating a more extensive self-test. It's exactly as though I'd pressed the command- control-power button combo! Fortunately, I wasn't doing anything important at the time.