How can I repair Windows 10 running via Parallels 12 on a Mac running Sierra?

RobertM20

Bit poster
My Mac accidentally lost power. When I booted up again and tried to run Windows 10 via Parallels 12.1.1 I got a blue screen stating:
"Recovery
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
Error code: 0xc000014c
You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer."
I believe I have the Windows 8 discs that I originally used to install Windows on this machine, but I upgraded to Windows 10 via a download when it was free to do so.
Attached is a screenshot showing the blue screen.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 7.11.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 7.11.24 PM.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hello RobertM20, once after you boot your virtual machine using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
b) Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
c) Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
d) Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.
e) Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.
f) Click on Command Prompt and run the following commands.
Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR, and then press ENTER.
Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT, and then press ENTER.
Type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD, and then press ENTER.
 
My discs are for Windows 7, not Windows 10. Will this procedure still work? If so, how do I use them to boot the VM? If not, how can I create a Windows 10 DVD or system repair disc? I have access to PCs running Windows 10.
 
Back
Top