How do I actually create an RDP connection with 2X?

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Linux' started by det, Mar 4, 2015.

1. det

det Bit poster

I downloaded the Linux 2X RDP client from here: http://www.2x.com/rdp-client/downloadlinks/

I installed it on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS amd64 using "sudo gdebi 2xclient.deb". I also installed some extra 32-bit packages based on another forum post using "sudo apt-get install libstdc++6:i386 libxpm4:i386 libxml2:i386 libqtdbus4:i386".

When I launch 2X using "/opt/2X/Client/bin/2XClient", I get the "2X Client for 2X RAS" window. I go "File > New Connection" and fill in the IP address, specify port 3389, and I have no idea what to use for "connection mode" so I leave it as "Gateway". I enter my credentials.

When I click "OK" I get a message "The specified remote 2X Connection could not be found. Verify that you have typed the correct computer name or IP address, and then try to connect again."

I know the IP address and credentials are correct, and that the machine I'm trying to access is reachable, because I can connect to it using Remmina.

"Help > About" tells me I'm using v14.0 (build 3194).

I am suspicious of the fact that my new connection appears under "2X Connections" rather than anything to do with RDP, and the weird "Connection Mode" options that seem to have nothing to do with RDP. So how do I use the 2X RDP client to connect via RDP?