How do I get at the files on the virtual c: drive if I can't run Parallels

KeithHMH

Bit poster
I have just upgraded my iMAC to Snow Leopard and Parallels no longer works. I bought Parallels about 18 months ago so that I can use Windows 2000 and run QuickCAD which I am used to using. I have quite a lot of CAD files that have been saved on the Parallels virtual C: drive (they are associated with getting ready to apply for planing permission to carry out some work on the home I have just moved to and I can no longer get them). So, is there a free/low cost upgrade available to my version of Parallels or do I stop using Parallels and get a CAD package for the MAC such as Qcad. My gut feel is the latter but I need to be able to find my drawings on the virtual Windows C: drive
 
As far as I know, upgrade from an older version of Parallels is available for half the price, I would suggest getting more information on the following page:
http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/whyswitch/upgrade/

As for getting the files, I would suggest using a Parallels Mounter or Parallels Explorer for this purpose. Both applications should allow you to browse the virtual machine's files from the Mac side.
 
Thanks for responding. Are Parallels Mounter or Explorer a free download. If not, therein lies my problem - I can't get at my files without upgrading and I don't want to run Windows anymore as newer versions also don't run QuickCAD. All I want to do is get at my drawings.
 
Back
Top