How do I get rid of Kaspersky Pop-Up?

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Steven F, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Steven F

Steven F Bit poster

I have Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac on a MacBook Pro, running Mac OSX ver. 10.6.6, and Windows XP. I keep getting annoying pop-up messages from Kaspersky in the upper right hand corner telling me I am running a trial version of their anti-virus program and they can't update the database. Yesterday I purchased the Kaspersky program and installed the activation key but I am still getting the annoying pop-ups. I contacted Kaspersky, who said they couldn't do anything because it was a Parallels issue and that I had purchased an international license. Does anybody know how to get rid of these pop-ups? Thanks!

Steve

2. Paddym

Paddym Bit poster

Same issue in parallels 7

I also have the same complaint for Parallels 7. I paid for this product and don't expect to be getting more ads than i get in Evernote which is less buggy and free.

Be warned that if you buy Parallels its partially ad supported by Kaperskey and you will get weekly popup ads that no matter what you do will return again a week later. I have to admit that i haven't purchased Kaperskey which would probably stop the pop-ups, but i bet if i purchased it online from their website for 49.99 instead of this offer of 59.99 I am sure Parallels would still go on prompting me.

I bet the trick for stopping these messages is to convince parallels that you have actually purchased Kaperskey. Does anyone know how you would do this?

Does anyone know if Fusion is ad supported in this way? Between this and Parallels crashing my computer when it hibernates I am very tempted to switch. You can certainly guarantee that Parallels support won't answer this post as with the previous guy, he asked for help on Aug 4 2011. Maybe we should have a little party here on Aug 4 2012.