How do I move the Parallel Directory?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sclark5150@, Nov 9, 2007.

1. sclark5150@

sclark5150@ Bit poster

When I first installed Parallels VM on my Mac (2.33GB MBP C2D) I installed it in my Document directory.

I would like to move the Parallel directory so it is just under my username.

I'm assuming everything I currently have under the main Parallel directory is just like everyone else: Microsoft Windows XP Directory with 2 subdirectories called Windows Applications and Windows Disks.

The files located under the Microsoft Windows XP directory include winxp.hdd (which is my virtual hard drive right?), Microsoft Windows XP.pvs (what is this?), and other *.mem and *.sav files (what are these)?

I've exchange many many emails with Parallels support but they are not helpful (not sure if anyone else experienced this type of customer service) - they are not able to technically explain in a way that is understandable else they, at least the person I'm working with, just doesn't know the product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also - can someone tell me how best to cut the size of the virtual hard drive? It is 15GB which is way to much - not sure why it was setup like this or if this was the default.

Thanks