frustrated2
Bit poster
Just bought a new MackbookPro, downloaded and installed parallels and was finally able to connect to my Vaio laptop via firewire to begine the migration.
After about 4 hours the PC says migration finished, but Parallels Transporter the Parallels virtual machine is hung at 19%.Using windows explorer on the virtual machine I see a .hdd file under Parallels Virtual machines of about 17GB in size - which is in the right range.
I close the transporter on the virtual machine, and restart Parallels desktop and it cannot find the new winxp.hdd, only the basic one used to run transporter. Window explorer shows the folder for the migration, but nothing in it anymore - the 17GB .hdd file is gone!
What am I doing wrong? Parallels seems great, but no details in the documentation on what to do when the migration is finished to actually set up a new virtual machine with the migrated file. I am new to this and to Mac so I need specifics and any help would be greatly appreciated!
After about 4 hours the PC says migration finished, but Parallels Transporter the Parallels virtual machine is hung at 19%.Using windows explorer on the virtual machine I see a .hdd file under Parallels Virtual machines of about 17GB in size - which is in the right range.
I close the transporter on the virtual machine, and restart Parallels desktop and it cannot find the new winxp.hdd, only the basic one used to run transporter. Window explorer shows the folder for the migration, but nothing in it anymore - the 17GB .hdd file is gone!
What am I doing wrong? Parallels seems great, but no details in the documentation on what to do when the migration is finished to actually set up a new virtual machine with the migrated file. I am new to this and to Mac so I need specifics and any help would be greatly appreciated!