How do you clear the "Virtual Machine Catalog"

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dsmccrac, Jan 9, 2007.

1. dsmccrac

dsmccrac Member

Hi gang

I have about a dozen versions of my parallels disk images on my computer and the .hdd and .pvs files all have the same name (they are development builds of an image I use in a lab of Parallels equiped macs -- obviously the folders they are all in are differently named!)

At any rate the Catalog shows every VM I have on my computer, even if they are not in the default Parallels folder in the library.

Does anyone know of a way to have it not list every VM on my machine? In some ways I prefer the 'recently used' VM approach of the old versions which does not seem available now. Is that feature gone or just been moved (somewhere where I cannot find it)?

I know I can just click on my desired .pvs file (or an alias of it) to launch the desired VM, but wondered if there were other options.

don

PS: Otherwise, insert the usual (and 100% accurate) comments on how great this beta is! Because it is amazing.:D

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Try deleting (or renaming) ~/.parallels_settings

3. Clalron

Clalron Member

Take a look at VM2Go.. it also deals with this problem as well. You can delete VMs and their associated files. Careful though--if you use the same hard disk image in two different VMs deleting one VM will delete the hard drives of the other. I'll address that in a future release by doing an analysis of VMs to make sure it is safe to delete.

To get the latest beta go to:
    http://homepage.mac.com/markmanes/FileSharing3.html