How do you port forward parallels? (running on a mac)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by austiny, Jun 2, 2013.

1. austiny

austiny Bit poster

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this.

I need help port forwarding. i'm trying to make a simple (nothing big) Garry's mod sevrer on parallels, because it's too complicated to run on mac osX. i have the ports forwarded on my router already.( 27000-27050 TCP/UDP).

the main problem, probably has to do with the fact that the IPv4 adress is different on windows and my actual mac. On my mac (the actual computer), the IPv4 adress is 1.0.0.2 but on windows it's something like 10.211.55.3.

So is there a way i can port forward through parallels? any help i would appreciate.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

You can either use Bridge Networking instead of Shared, which will bring your VM to the same router subnet. Or you can do port forwarding in Parallels Preferences > Advanced > Network: Change Settings > Shared.

JonasB1 likes this.
  3. homelyn

homelyn Bit poster

HI
    I am having similar problems with Parallels and win7. I used to run something called BlueIris (ip cam software) on my pc, but since buying an iMac (OSX mavericks ) and installing Win7 64 home premium I can no longer see the software on the internet, I can see it on LAN though.

My Win7 has an IPV address which I can see using ipconfig, which is the port I used to use on my PC, so how can I set up sharing to allow me to view the software on the internet please.

I have also set up a dyndns.org account to allow for the changing in ip in win7. I assume I can use this once I get the software to forward to internet.

Any help would be gratefully received

thanks

Eric

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Before or after you have posted this, did you at least read my reply in this thread? Because the answer is there.

5. homelyn

homelyn Bit poster

Thanks for prompt response, yes I did read the posting.

Looking at the two options i found them quite useful and I would like to try the bridge networking initially. I am used to port forwarding on my old PC , but as I am new to iMac and bridge networking do you know if there is a guide that would help me set it up please?

Thanks

Eric

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Just use Bridge Networking, like I said, everything else is then the same as it was on your old PC.

7. AlcidesR

AlcidesR Bit poster

The only problem that I see here is that when you're trying to do a port fwd it ask for a source port and normally source is dynamic and the port fwd should not work as desired.

Hope you can help.

Thx,
    AM