How happy are you with "two fingers to right click"

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by jchris91739, Jan 26, 2008.

  1. jchris91739

    jchris91739

    Messages:
    19
    Considering purchase of a Macbook. Time would be spent about 25% in OSX working on a movie / DVD project for which I would like to use iDVD. The other 75% would be my daily work in Windows XP, through Boot Camp when I'm not working on the DVD project, and through Parallels Desktop if I'm in OS X and need to quickly do something in Windows XP.

    My one concern is the 1 mouse button. I'm aware of the "two fingers on trackpad" to right click, and would be interested in hearing from other users whether this is working out as a succesful long-term solution for you. Is no second mouse button a constant source of frustration? Or have you adapted?

    Thanks for any input -
     
  2. Macaby

    Macaby

    Messages:
    64
    First of all, you can use a 2 button mouse without any extra setup. I'm using an old MS Bluetooth mouse that I used on my last Windows computer and the second (right) button works just like it did within Windows. A USB mouse would work just as well.

    If you want to just use the touchpad, the "second" or right click pops up with a "Control-Click.

    I much prefer to use my mouse with the touchpad deactivated when a mouse is present. I find with the touchpad active, I get un-wanted actions when sliding my palms across it while typing.
     
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  3. Eru Ithildur

    Eru Ithildur

    Messages:
    1,960
    I use an external mouse if I plan on using a lot of right-clicking, for use where you don't right-click it is great to just have one big button.
     

Share This Page