How long to convert VM? Is this hung? HELP!

caltuna

Bit poster
Just got a new iMac with Snow. I bought the upgrade for Parallels to go from 3.x to 5.0 for WinXP which worked fine on my previous machine. The VM is about 8 GB.

The process is hung on "step 2 of 4" for over an hour. How long should this take and what should I do? If I kill it can I re-run it or what? (I did the "backup and covert" option.)

For $49 it shouldn't hang!!

Help!
 
Answering my own post. See: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=95745

The Parallels people have a long way to go in making this a an "Apple quality" kind of upgrade. It looks to me that they didn't spend a lot of time testing this out on version 3 installs with WinXP.

If you upgrade hangs you must go into manual mode and figure it out on your own.

Had I known that this version was only a week or so old I would not have gotten it. However, I had a brand new iMac and I really needed to run Windows (I'm in the insurance biz and some of my life carriers have Win-only software.)

Anyway, it is all working now, not impressed with the documentation of Parallels.

Al
www.insol123.com
 
Back
Top