How to accelerate the installation of applications ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by ParallelsU61, Mar 30, 2017.

1. ParallelsU61

ParallelsU61 Bit poster

Hi.
    Are there any best practices to accelerate effectiveley the installation of applications ?
    I'm in a situation where I may wait hours to have a bunch of applications installed.
    Why do these applications do not try to install right after the registration ?
    Why are there some much difference between multiple Mac deployed simultaneously ?
    Actually I have a Mac that does not install a tiny package the other 2 Macs are installing more or less normally.
    Any idea to explain that behaviour ?
    Franck.

Attached Files:

2. TimofeyF

TimofeyF Parallels Team

Hi Franck,
    Required applications should be installer right after the corresponding policies arrive to a Mac. To understand the situation and troubleshoot we need some more information. I'd like to ask you to submit a support ticket along with the following information:
    - problem report collected on a Mac when the issue was observed
    - details about settings you used for creating the application in SCCM
    Timofey.

3. ParallelsU61

ParallelsU61 Bit poster

OK. We need to investigate on the Mac which appears to not being able to install all the SCCM applications configured as "required". For now, I will ask the team on site to switch the Mac on on monday morning to see if we face really a delay or a bug. Best regards.

4. PVCIT

PVCIT Junior Member

We find that we have to leave the mac logged in for about 8 hours and then it usually will have everything. It seems to download 1 or 2 items then install then repeat. I would rather it continue download while installing other ones. Def needs a way to speed it up as this is the most important part of imaging/deployment.

5. ParallelsU61

ParallelsU61 Bit poster

Hi. I opened a ticket with the Parallels Support. Yes, it is not possible to wait a day to deploy a Mac.