How to change configuration from Mouse to Trackpad

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by WheatW, Mar 16, 2012.

1. WheatW

WheatW Junior Member

I usually use Windows 7 in a Parallels virtual machine on my MacBook Pro with a third-party cabled USB mouse.

However, when I use Windows 7 in Parallels without the external mouse, and I have to use the trackpad instead, Parallels will not let me right-click on anything in Windows using the Mac keyboard Ctrl key in conjunction with the trackpad button. So I can't perform any functions that require a right-click and a choice from a contextual menu.

What have I got configured wrong that is preventing Parallels from recognizing that there is no external mouse and that I want to use the trackpad and the Ctrl key to right-click?

I don't see any configuration settings in Parallels vis. a trackpad or a mouse. I see settings for keyboard shortcuts and USB devices, but those don't seem to help.

MacBook Pro 3,1 (late 2007). Mac OS X 10.7.3. Windows 7 Professional with all patches applied. Parallels Desktop 7.0.15055 with the latest Parallels Tools installed. External cabled USB two-button scroll-wheel mouse set up as left-handed.