How to delete machine list in Dock's menu

MinjangK

Bit poster
5prfoz.jpg


I'm using the latest Parallels 8 on OSX Mountain Lion w/ MBP retina.

I have a small problem, but pretty annoying to me.

The image shows total 5 machine lists. However, only the last two, "My Boot Camp" and "Windows 7", are real. The others are already deleted. But, they are still shown in the list.

There are no such deleted machine lists in "Parallels Virtual Machines" window (Window >> Virtual Machine List).

How can I remove such deleted machine lists?

Thanks in advance!
 
Same thing

Hi,

I'm in a trial period, testing Vmware and Parallels. I have also created and destroyed plenty of VMs, and the context menu is full of dead machines.

There is a solution for Vmware : kb.vmware.com/kb/2004861.

I'd like to have the same for Parallels.

Regards,
Bernard
 
open Terminal and enter
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.desktop.console.LSSharedFileList.plist; killall Dock
 
Last edited:
It did for me, but I could not kill the Dock process. So I did it via the activity app of Mountain Lion. You also could restart the machine.

HTH Thomas
 
here it says nog such file or directory


Last login: Sat Oct 6 19:54:57 on ttys000
iMac-van-Davy:~ Deathmeat$ rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.desktop.console.LSSharedFileList.pli st; killall Dock
rm: /Users/Deathmeat/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.desktop.console.LSSharedFileList.pli: No such file or directory
rm: st: No such file or directory
iMac-van-Davy:~ Deathmeat$
 
Ok, now I know what's wrong. The command to enter should read

rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.desktop.console.LSSharedFileList.plist

There is a space too many. The last part of the command should be .plist, not .pli st. Don't know why the system enters a space here. I'm not able to change this. Not even in this new answer.

Greetings
Thomas
 
Last edited:
At last, it works !

First I didn't find that com.parallels.desktop... in /Library/Preferences. After reading the KB article again, I noticed that small tilde before /Library ...
So the full path is actually /Users/<...user...>/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.desktop.console.LSSharedFileList.plist

Thank you YanaYana

Bernard
 
Back
Top