How To Delete VM

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DVW, Aug 15, 2007.

1. DVW

DVW Bit poster

Hello,

I've accidentially created an extra VM on my Mac and would like to delete it. I had understood that I could select the delete command from the files menu and follow the Wizard, but that option is greyed out. If I try to work from the the VM Configuration menu I am told I have to stop the VM before I can proceed, but when I stop the VM the configuration menu is no longer available.

I am obviously missing something very basic. How can I delete the extra VM? How do I access the delete Wizard?

Thank you for your help.

Dave

2. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

Hello, Dave!

Please double-click the virtual machine icon. A virtual machine property page will appear. After that please go to the "File" menu and select the "Delete.." option to delete this virtual machine.

While pressing the Command key, double-click the virtual machine's alias to get access to the property page.

Best regards,
    John

3. DVW

DVW Bit poster

Thanks John,

Where do I find the VM icon? If I go to the Parallels Desktop it show my two VM's, but if I double click on either it opens the VM and then I am told I cannot change the configuration unless I stop the machine. If I stop the machine I cannot get to the configuration menu. You must be referring to a different icon, but it is not clear to me where to find it.

Thanks again.

Dave

4. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

Hello, Dave!

Please start Parallels Desktop. In the Select virtual machine dialog, highlight the desired virtual machine and, while pressing the Command key, click the Select button.

Best regards,
    John