How To Fix Quickbooks Error 15106?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Erryj, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Erryj

Erryj Bit poster

Error 15106 occurs when updating payroll, so it is referred to as an update error. It is an indication that there are some spoiled sources within the system that are causing the error issue. When texts such as the update program cannot be opened or the update program is damaged, further operation is limited.

Steps To Fix Quickbooks Error 15106?

1- Uninstall the Antivirus Program and Rename the QB folder

2- Disable User Account Control

3- Logging in the System

4- Clean Install of Quickbooks in selective Startup

Attached Files:

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @Erryj , you are getting the QuickBooks error on Parallels Desktop? please provide more details about the issue you are facing, so we will be able to assist you further to resolve the issue for you. Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. PaulRajeshM

PaulRajeshM Bit poster

I keep getting error 15106 whenever I try to update my QuickBooks desktop. I have not been able to update since 2-12-2020. Today I went through all of the steps except reinstalling (and that's because I have multiple company files that I would need to backup and then open again after an uninstall/reinstall).
    I have disabled my antivirus software. I also disabled the Windows Defender firewall. I also went into Components in the Intuit program file and renamed DownloadQB28.old.
    I am still getting the error message "[Error 15106] The update program can not be opened."

Any other ideas?

4. UmeshS1

UmeshS1 Bit poster

"Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened" or "Error 15106: The update program is damaged" when updating QuickBooks Desktop
    You receive this error while updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release because of one of the following:

- Installed antivirus blocking the update.
    - Not logged in as the administrator

Follow the steps below so you can continue updating QuickBooks Desktop without any issues.

Step 1- Log into your computer as the administrator
    Step 2- Stop your antivirus application and rename the folder
    Step 3- Turn off user account control
    Step 4- Perform a clean install a selective start up.

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we appreciate your response.