How to Hide Control Center?- Parallels 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GeorgeBH, Aug 22, 2014.

1. BrianM6

BrianM6 Bit poster

I just upgraded and this control center thing is absolutely the worse thing -- please tell me there is some way to get rid of it or refund me my purchase price .... it is totally wrecking my programming flow and testing. Plus it is FREAKING ANNOYING!!!!

2. RobertG5

RobertG5 Bit poster

Dear Parallels, Please allow us to turn off the Parallels Desktop Control Center! It is always amazing to me when 1) companies break what didn't need fixing and 2) companies don't listen to their customers. This is an easy fix. Please fix it!

3. Bashcraft

Bashcraft Junior Member

So they still haven't fixed it in version 11? Guess I won't be upgrading. Actually, I know I won't be upgrading. Not as long as that control center is forced upon us when we don't want it.

4. ParallelsUser3

ParallelsUser3 Bit poster

It is possible with Parallels Desktop Version 11.1.2 (32408).

Set Start Automatically to 'When Parallels Desktop starts' in the Startup and Shutdown options of the VM. This means the Control Center will not be loaded because the VM will be automatically started.

5. Bashcraft

Bashcraft Junior Member

What is the purpose of 'When Parallels Desktop starts' in that menu for version 10? When I tried it the control center didn't pop up but the icon still loaded in the dock and I still had to quit that as well as the VM that was running. Is this the same functionality in the version 11.1.2? Do we still have the dock icon load and have to quit it separate from the VM?

6. ParallelsUser3

ParallelsUser3 Bit poster

Not sure about version 10 but in version 11 you can prevent the icon appearing in the dock by setting Virtual Machine Dock Icons to 'None' in the General Preferences of Parallel Desktop. Also, if you set On VM Shutdown to 'Quit Parallels Desktop' in the Startup and Shutdown options of the VM you get a more natural behaviour in OSX.
    With these settings you only get one icon in the dock for the VM that is running and in Coherence mode an icon for each Window instead of the VM icon. To me this behaviour is exactly as I would like to have it.

7. Cocoaju

Cocoaju Junior Member

Hey thanks! This is very useful and feels very natural. :)