How to install Solaris 10 for x86 as a guest OS??

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by zeker00, Nov 10, 2006.

1. zeker00

zeker00 Junior Member

I am attempting (without success) :( to install Solaris 10 for X86 (load 1/06) to my Mac-mini (2gb ram, 2ghz DUAL CORE 2 INTEL cpu, 100GB 5400rpm internal drive, 500GB Firewire external drive). For this VM I have allocated 40GB hard drive and 640MB RAM. Have downloaded and am attempting to follow Solaris10 'How to guide'.

I am assuming I need to get Solaris to boot clean before I can load Parallels Tools?

Has anyone gotten a successful load? A 'how to' description for the less capable of us would be greatly appreciated! I would even consider buying 'support' to get this running - if that is what it takes. ;)

My VMs for WinXP HomeEdition and Windows2000PRO went perfectly and continue to run as expectd & hoped for. Overall I like the Parallels product, although I am REALLY hoping to see improved USB support and ability to play music CDs soon.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :)

BTW, this is a training environment for me so that I will know how to accomplish when my office MacPRO arrives and I have to get it up-and-running with onlookers - don't want to appear too stupid. :rolleyes:

zeker00

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  2. IscariotJ

IscariotJ Member

Search the forums, I posted a step-by-step on how to install Solaris 10 ( though mine was based on Solaris 10 6/06 ). At which point are you running into problems? Are you using the DVD? CD? ISO?