The Windows disks I was given for installing XP consists of a Win98 disk and an XP upgrade disk. Just to complicate matters a bit further, there's also some additional data on a thumbdrive. I have no familiarity with Windows and can't make heads or tails of any of this. All I know is, from having tried it, that the Parallels installer does not recognize the Win98 disk as anything it can use.
I have found info both in the Parallels user manual and online regarding how to install Win98 . . . but since my ultimate objective is to get XP installed, they both seem to fall short. Even if I get through the 98 install, I'd still need to know how to them upgrade to XP. And getting through the Win98 install is no small task - especially since the manual and the user-created online guide are (as far as I can tell) completely different!
What I can do (if anyone out there is willing to help) is list what files are on what CDs . . . but beyond that, I'm utterly adrift!
I have found info both in the Parallels user manual and online regarding how to install Win98 . . . but since my ultimate objective is to get XP installed, they both seem to fall short. Even if I get through the 98 install, I'd still need to know how to them upgrade to XP. And getting through the Win98 install is no small task - especially since the manual and the user-created online guide are (as far as I can tell) completely different!
What I can do (if anyone out there is willing to help) is list what files are on what CDs . . . but beyond that, I'm utterly adrift!