How to move XP virtual disk inside the Finder Package?

To migrate a VMWware Fusion vm to Parallels 5 I had to first "transport" just the C drive to avoid the uninformative error "This virtual hard disk cannot be processed because something is wrong with it. Please contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

Next I transported the second virtual E drive -- to the same folder as the Parallels vm. Success! After testing all day I'm 99% sure the Parallels vm works, and better than Fusion 3.

Now I simply want to tidy up the vm by including the E.hdd package within the XP.pvm package.

Any tips would be appreciated!
 
Open Finder window, right click on XP.pvm package, choose "Show package contents".
XP.pvm package contents will be opened in a new Finder's window.
Now can copy/move into XP.pvm package.

After you move E.hdd into XP.pvm, you should change/correct XP virtual machine (XP.pvm) disks configuration,
because E.hdd file location is changed.
 
Can I change the location of the .pvm file? I want to put it on a RAID box attached to my router. I'm using a Macbook Pro 13", bought this March. The VM is XP. Parallels version 5.
 
Back
Top