I'm using Parallels desktop 2.5 with WinXPro on a french MacBookpro.
On this machine the basic keyboard mapping is correctly translated into the PC, maybe just because I also use a french version of XP, but outside the ordinary letters, all characters like "@" or "-" are visibly expected to be where they are on a PC keyboard (for instance the - is on key 6 where on the mac it is 10 cm right of this key, against the delete key).
How could I remap the PC keyboard so that it expects the right characters on the mac's places?
I found indications here and there on internet according to which one can create a different windows keymap, and install it, I even found some specific keymaps intended to adapt windows to macintosh UK keyboards for instance, but I didn't find one for french keyboards, nor did I find a simple keymap editor...
Any advice?
Thank you!
Hervé
On this machine the basic keyboard mapping is correctly translated into the PC, maybe just because I also use a french version of XP, but outside the ordinary letters, all characters like "@" or "-" are visibly expected to be where they are on a PC keyboard (for instance the - is on key 6 where on the mac it is 10 cm right of this key, against the delete key).
How could I remap the PC keyboard so that it expects the right characters on the mac's places?
I found indications here and there on internet according to which one can create a different windows keymap, and install it, I even found some specific keymaps intended to adapt windows to macintosh UK keyboards for instance, but I didn't find one for french keyboards, nor did I find a simple keymap editor...
Any advice?
Thank you!
Hervé