How to play Starcraft Brood War over Hamachi or otherwise with my windows friends?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidL4, Mar 4, 2015.

1. DavidL4

DavidL4 Bit poster

I have a Macbook pro late 2013 running Yosemite (osx 10.10.2).

I installed Parallels with Windows XP SP3 32-bits, then copied an installed Starcraft 1 (SC1) on XP from a folder
    SC1 runs fine when playing alone, but I don't see the matches that my friends create over LAN (local area network), nor do they see the matches I create.
    So, how do I do this? I tried installing Hamachi on XP but it never ends installing. After I rebooted, hamachi was installed, but didn't run.

Previously on a white Macbook late 2006 with snow leopard (which accepted Powerpc apps like a bottled SC1) I could play SC1 with my friends and see/create games over LAN without doing any configuration. Just connected both computers to wifi and selected UDP matches.

Any ideas, will installing hamachi to my main OS (Yosemite) work? Do I need to give more permissions to XP and Parallels? I tried turning my Firewall off, It didn't make a difference (and Parallels was already in the Firewall whitelist after it installed). Me and my friends have this tradition of playing SC1 from time to time. It has already taken me several hours to find out these problems and without lack of joining their matches. Help please!

2. DavidL4

DavidL4 Bit poster

I want to point out that before installing XP I tried to install the Windows 10 preview that Parallels offered but the installation crashed in the middle of the download. It said there was an error, the link to the solution suggested to resume the download and check my connection. I did. But a message said the download was corrupted and had to begin again. I had downloaded 2.9gb or something out of 3.9gb, since I wasn't willing to wait a whole lot more just downloading W10 to run SC1 I installed XP SP3.